Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Place !!! New life !!!!


                                                                        
Hi all, very happy to meet you after a long break. And before proceeding, Happy tamil new year, happy Vishu and happy baisakhi to all..My first blog from Canada. So, I thought of writing a generic topic on life in Canada. Last one month was pretty busy for me - packing from India and settling down slowly in Canada..I do miss India..But Canada is a nice place. Very calm and clean and apart from the weather, this is a perfect place to get settled for anyone. One thing I see and I like is the diversity - Lots of culture living together. On a normal day when you travel, you can at least find one Canadian, one Indian, one chinese, one srilankan, one french guys on your way. You have to praise the fact that such diverse people living together peacefully is a great thing.

Life has changed a bit after coming here. In Bangalore, routine weekdays used to be like 11 - 7 office, chat with roomies, dinner preparation and some movies. Here, you don't find much chances to go out once you enter the home - blame it one the weather or the public transportation (from the place where I stay). I hope that things will change once I shift from hotel to apartment. Ya, in Bangalore, weekends used to be mostly trip to home but you can never even dream of that. I have visited my friends home in a near by area in the weekends. Meeting old friends outside India is always special. There is nothing that you cant get here in Canada - starting from Indian food to Indian groceries, but only thing is you need to make some extra effort and spend some extra bucks.

One thing which I felt after coming here is that you really understand the love of our near n dear ones which you might have ignored when you are in India. I don't think I used to talk to my parents every day when I was there in Bangalore. And for sure - my friends. My roomies, my college mates - just a week before I started to Canada, we had a great trip in Chennai with my batch mates. It was really an unforgettable event. But here, during last week, when we had a get together at one of my friend's place - it was very much different and I enjoyed that very much. Thanks to Sree and Ajith. They way they bonded- the different Indian families, it is a rare sight to see in India - having Keralites, Tamilians, Punjabis, Andhrities and others together celebrating the new year. And what more to add - I have never cooked prawns before in my life, which I did successfully in Canada :) 

I am for sure waiting to get back to India - to see my family and friends but yes, this is definitely a good experience staying long outside. I was having a interesting topic of argument that, if our next generation - the better place to start is India or Canada as there are loads of cultural differences. I think people like me - who come from a strong cultural background, kids speaking a bit more US English or Canadian English - whatever you call, will be a bit more to digest :) Next week, I am moving into apartment from hotel and so, there might be more interesting things waiting for me in Canada. I will try to write regularly my experiences in this cold and comfort country. Meet you all in my next blog. I promise to write on specific topics in future. Best of Luck to you.

5 comments:

  1. யார் யாரையோப் பத்தி எழுதியிருக்கீங்க ,ஆனா அங்க உள்ள பொன்னுங்க எப்படின்னு ஒரு வார்த்தை?

    சரி சரி ,மன்னிச்சு விட்டுடறேன். இனிமே இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் இனிமையா எழுதோனும்,ஒகேவா?

    ReplyDelete
  2. kandippa..aduthe thadave la irundu, ide manasule vechukitu eluduren..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spend some extra bucks, not bugs!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess the countdown has begun for ur waiting....go to india, get married nd come back with ur girl.....

    ReplyDelete